Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Not much

This is not the first time I have had nothing of import to say on my blog, but it will probably be the least interesting.

This is mainly because many, many hilarious things are happening in my life right now, and I am not at liberty to discuss any of them, because they could get me fired, or beat up, or put on Santa's naughty list, or all three. So I am forced to keep them to myself, giggling in a high-pitched way at their sadly secret hilarity.

However, this will not stop me from blogging, because I totally dread being placed on the "You Should Blog More" list over at Pen and M's. So here, in no particular order, are some random numbered pieces of information:

1. I am still insanely obsessed with Clapton's "Bellbottom Blues," mentioned earlier; this has only gotten worse since, just this evening, I got a copy of The Cream of Clapton from the library and have been listening to it pretty much non-stop. Turns out the whole CD is good, which shames me, because I have always been a vocal anti-Clapton rabble-rouser.

2. You should read Philip Roth's The Plot Against America. If you do so, please note that it does get more interesting, although you might not believe me when you're in the interminable section about his attempt to run away to the orphanage.

3. Click is the single most misleading movie ever made. Do not watch this movie. It will make you cry your face off, and that is no joke. I sat around the house with no face for about forty-five minutes. It was ugly.

4. I feel that the number of comments on my blog is down, and that makes me sad. I am sad now. Do you know what will make me feel better? If you post a comment. No pressure.

5. Please visit this man's blog. If you like things that are funny, or if you like Marmaduke (which, please note, does not fall into the catagory of "Things That Are Funny"), you will like this blog.

6. Finally, because I feel a blog post without a picture is terrifying and naked, I include for you this picture, which comes up in Google image search when you type "Click Marmaduke:"


6 pipers piping:

B said...

Not many comments?
I don't know if I even want to comment.
You have committed the greatest blogging sin of all, which is to hint at something spectacular and/or exciting and/or sordid, but totally deny your audience the right to hear about it.
I mean, you could at least make something up.
For God's sake.

Ed & Jeanne said...

That picture...sort of makes you want to become a vegetarian. Well, almost.

penelope said...

Click is a total cryfest. But not in a happy way like 50 First Dates. What was Adam Sandler thinking? And why do the commercials always say ADAM SANDLER and not mention KATE BECKINSDALE? Isn't she a fairly big name, too? Or Christopher Walken? It seems odd to not mention their existence in the movie.

Anonymous said...

I, for one, think Marmaduke has absolutely zero redeeming qualities.

Frisby said...

Click: The Abridged Script

ashley said...

I, for one, think Kate Beckinsale has absolutely zero redeeming qualities. (For proof, please see the vapid performances in Serendipity and Pearl Harbor.)