Saturday, May 06, 2006

SSSSD: Day Six

I know this is going to look like a wuss-out, but I'm not actually going to post my short for today, Mainly because it really, really, really, really, REALLY sucks.

Before I go on, check out the prompt for today. Then check me out. As the least scary person in the entire world, I am wholly unqualified to even attempt something like this. And I know I could have actually spent more time thinking about it, rather than dashing off the crappy thing I did write (more on that in a moment), but my cousin Jennifer is getting married today, and I'd rather not have to spend the entire reception thinking to myself, "So if she slipped in a pool of blood, then how could I stop the alien-impregnated rabid vampire sheriff from just killing her?"

So my acutal piece turned out to be about a girl who overhears her mom's boyfriend saying he's going to "stick it in her until she screams," and assumes he's going to kill her, only to come home from a sleepover hoping to thwart him and instead find them doing it on the kitchen table.

The mere fact that I just wrote "stick it in her until she screams" makes me want to vomit.

Anyway, then she leaves, and he reaches for a butcher knife-- ooh, double entendre! And that's the end of The Worst Short Short Ever Written By Anyone, Ever. Please no one ever bring it up again.

0 pipers piping: